In this issue:
From the CEO’s Desk
As we close the books on 2016, we are continuously grateful and humbled by your support of the Texas Hospital Insurance Exchange. From allowing THIE to be your insurance provider to attending its Hot Topics forums, your partnership keep us going year after year.
In 2016, THIE launched a new website and witnessed record attendance at its Hot Topics forums, which were held in Corpus Christi, Fredericksburg and Lubbock. Be sure to watch your inbox for information on 2017 dates and locations. It’s always fun to spend time with our subscribers and to be able to share information that helps you deliver health care in the safest, most cost-effective way possible.
The THIE offices will be closed for the holidays from Dec. 23 through Jan. 2, reopening Jan. 3. I wish you and yours a happy holiday season and look forward to working with you in 2017.
Texas Hospital Insurance Exchange
New Site Features Subscribers-Only Resources
The Texas Hospital Insurance Exchange has launched a new and improved website at www.thie.com. In addition to a responsive design that allows you to easily view the site on your laptop, smartphone or tablet, the site features exclusive content available only to THIE subscribers.
As a THIE subscriber, you can access a variety of resources to help you lower costs, limit claims and create a safer workplace. In the Risk Management section of the website you will find:
- A library of case studies;
- The full text of relevant laws and regulations;
- Sample policies, procedures and forms; and
- Links to other useful websites.
To access these valuable resources, you must log in. If you have not received a username and password, please contact Robert Babcock at 512/483-5542 or email@example.com.
Mark Your Calendar for the Spring Hot Topics Forum
Mark your calendars now for the spring Hot Topics Forum, coming up March 1-2 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Lubbock. As always, the workshop is offered at no cost to THIE subscribers and will feature a full day of educational sessions on the hottest issues in health care as well as plenty of networking time with peers, including a golf tournament on March 1. Keep an eye on the THIE website for more information in the coming months.
Catch Up on Hospital News and Events
From Seymour Hospital’s expansion to Mitchell County Hospital District’s new rural health clinic, Texas Hospital Insurance Exchange subscribers just keep growing! Read more news from THIE subscribers around the state on the
THIE website. If you have your own news you’d like to share, please send it to Robert Babcock.
See You at the THA 2017 Annual Conference and Expo
Before you head out for the holidays, be sure to register for the Texas Hospital Association 2017 Annual Conference and Expo coming up Jan. 26-27 at the JW Marriott Austin. Here are just a few reasons you should attend:
- You can earn up to 7 hours of ACHE Face-to-Face education credit. That’s twice the number available at last year’s conference.
- There’s something for your entire leadership team. From using data for better outcomes to driving cash-rich patient volume, breakout session topics will appeal to a variety of staff.
- The general sessions will educate and entertain. The political debate featuring Brendan Steinhauser and Harold Cook will keep you on your toes, while ABC News Political Analyst Matthew Dowd, and medical visionary Daniel Kraft, M.D., will challenge your way of thinking.
- You’ll make valuable connections and meet new business partners. The multiple networking opportunities and full exhibit hall will offer you opportunities to connect with people both personally and professionally.
Texas Hospital Insurance Exchange staff will be on hand to discuss ways THIE can support your hospital. For more information or to register, go to the THA website.